Sanoma Learning is the leading European learning company, serving over 20 million students in eleven countries. Our learning products and services enable teachers to develop the talents of every child to reach their potential. We offer printed and digital learning materials as well as digital learning and teaching platforms for primary, secondary and vocational education. The development of our methodologies is based on deep teacher and student insight and really understanding their needs. By combining our educational technologies and pedagogical expertise, we create learning products and services with the highest learning impact. Sanoma Learning is part of Sanoma, an innovative and agile learning and media company, impacting the lives of millions of people every day.
We are currently looking for a...
HR System Administrator (Workday)
...to join our educational family!
About the team
This is a role within the HR team. You will be joining a dynamic team during a period of change and harmonization of processes. You will work with colleagues across Europe.
Key job responsibilities
- Serve as the HRIS partner supporting designated HCM areas in Workday, such as Core HR, Absence Management, Performance Management, Recruitment, etc.
- Provide consultation to HR Business Partners and HR Key Users, building domain knowledge, gathering requirements, providing solutions and impact analysis
- Serve as subject matter expert on current and upcoming Workday capabilities
- Evaluate releases and functionality to identify opportunities to improve and optimize the use of Workday
- Configure, test, validate and implement Business Process changes in Workday
- Assist in testing of integrations, security, annual events
- Maintain master data values in Workday (e.g. Job profiles, job families, job groups, roles, positions, locations)
- Serve as an escalation resource
- Provide input and knowledge sharing with Workday Team Lead, Workday Key Users and clients, as appropriate
- Participate in scheduled and ad hoc training in order to improve policy and process acumen
- Participate in solution development together with HR domain owners and IT
- Understanding of HR operations and experience in employee data management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with the HR community, cross-functional colleagues and IT
- Ability to accurately collect information in order to understand and assess the situation and the needs
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize workload and provide timely follow-up and resolution
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects
- Good level of written and spoken English
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
- Workday experience or training preferred
- HR functional and system experience essential