Sanoma is an innovative and agile media and learning company impacting the lives of millions every day.
Our learning products and services enable teachers to develop the talents of every child to reach their full potential. We offer printed and digital course materials as well as digital learning and teaching platforms for primary, secondary and vocational education, and want to grow our business across Europe.
Our Finnish media provide independent journalism and engaging entertainment also for generations to come. Our unique cross-media position offers the widest reach and tailored marketing solutions for our business partners.
Today, we operate in eleven European countries and employ close to 5,100 professionals. In 2020, our net sales totalled 1 062m€ and our operational EBIT margin excl. PPA was 14.7%. Sanoma shares are listed on Nasdaq Helsinki.
More information is available at www.sanoma.com.
Group Finance and Control
The Group Finance and Control team takes pride in being a dynamic and international team. The team provides financial services to Sanoma Learning, Sanoma Media Finland and the entire Sanoma Group. Sanoma Group’s Finance and Control functions include Business Control, Functional Control, Financial Control, Project Control, Financial Shared Services, Tax, and Finance Development.
The Sanoma Finance function is going through a major transformation. To support us in building a future-proof top notch finance organization with optimized processes and modern tools, we are now looking for a:
Financial Controller BeNe
Key job responsibilities:
- Managing Financial Controlling activities with the focus on the Sanoma companies of Benelux countries
- Monthly reporting in accordance with IFRS
- Consolidation of Entity/SBU financial information in Group reporting system HFM
- Performing checks to ensure accuracy, completeness and consistency of financial data for income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement
- Preparing instructions and giving training to Sanoma finance community
- Participating in potential M&A projects and integrations of newly acquired subsidiaries
- Interim and annual report process, including all notes to the accounts, disclosures & requirements, liaise with external auditors
- Participate in projects to implement changes in IFRS standards and harmonization of accounting principles
- Participation in ad-hoc projects and providing support in ad-hoc requests
- Master’s degree in accounting
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in an international stock-listed company
- Advanced knowledge of IFRS and Group consolidation procedures, able to identify issues coming from IFRS standards and capable of translating IFRS standards into local practices
- In-depth knowledge of group reporting and consolidation
- Strong knowledge of accounting regulation of Benelux countries
- Analytical approach to identify and solve problems
- Project leadership skills and ability to drive and manage change
- Confident with IT systems (especially HFM, SAP expertise are an advantage)
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to think outside existing structures and systems, contributing to continuous improvement of services provided
- Can-do attitude and development mindset
- Excellent spoken and written command of English and Dutch
Fill out your application online latest by August 29th 2021. We only accept applications send via our recruitment system. We look for concrete examples of your interest and experience instead of general statements.
Please note that we will be reviewing the applications as they arrive. Your location is in the Netherlands (Amersfoort).
If you have any questions, please contact Marianne Kivelä, Head of Financial Control, Sanoma Group (email@example.com).