Sanoma Learning is the leading European learning company, serving over 20 million students in twelve countries. We offer printed and digital learning materials as well as digital learning and teaching platforms for primary, secondary and vocational education. The development of our methodologies is based on deep teacher and student insight and really understanding their needs. By combining our educational technologies and pedagogical expertise, we create learning products and services with the highest learning impact.
With 650 colleagues spread over 60 teams across Europe, Sanoma Learning's Digital Products department contributes to our company's goal of helping students reach their full potential with our best-in-class learning solutions. Together, we innovate and contribute to an ever-changing world of education. We all share a deep rooted passion for education. Every day, our methods and technology have the ability to positively impact millions of young minds across Europe. In our Product organisation, you will join the largest cross-cultural community of Sanoma Learning and contribute to the digital transformation and future of education in Europe.
Sanoma Learning is part of Sanoma, an innovative and agile learning and media company, impacting the lives of millions of people every day. For more information: www.sanoma.com / www.sanomalearning.com
We are currently looking for a…
Group Product Manager of Editorial Tooling
… to join our educational family!
About the team and product
This position reports directly to the Head of Product Processes & Integrations and is part of the digital products Product Management organization. Other team members work from Finland, Norway, Sweden, Poland, Spain, Belgium and the Netherlands.
As a company, our goal is to empower teachers and help every student reach their full potential. The international team connected with this role consists of Local Product Managers, Product Owners, and other important stakeholders all focused on adding value to the current Content Chain (e.g., Content Creation tools and Content Management Systems.) Through collaborative efforts, new Epics and Features are identified and prioritized and the long-term strategy becomes clearer.
Key job responsibilities
In this role, you are responsible for the roadmap and harmonization of many Content Management Systems and the Content Chain for Sanoma Learning. You will also:
- Work with the Head of Product Processes & Integrations to identify and document the 1 – 5 year Strategic Objectives, budgeting, and business case for the harmonization of the CMS portfolio and Content Chain
- Work with relevant stakeholders to identify, document, and prioritize the Epic and Feature backlog
- Manage the Product Owner of the core CMS and Content Chain (with the potential of adding more Product Owners)
- Work with local publishing teams, Editors, and software architects to improve the digital publishing process for both digital and print material
- Work with key stakeholders to support the migration of content between CMSs
- Experience with Content Management Systems, digital content publishing, or a content chain
- At least five years of experience in software product management
- Experience with crafting long-term software portfolio strategies
- Experience with budgeting
- Experience in working with multi-national teams
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills and a proactive make-it-happen attitude
- The ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Excellent written and spoken English
- (Nice to have) Experience with K-12 digital learning solutions
- You live in one of the countries where Sanoma Learning is based
As an employer, Sanoma offers a working environment where you are able and encouraged to show your best self. The working environment is result-oriented as well as flexible with a focus on collaboration. We offer you a key position with interesting and challenging tasks and excellent opportunities for professional growth. You will be part of a highly professional and experienced international team in an open and informal setting, where initiative is expected and rewarded.
For questions about the vacancy, please reach out to Lucas Weber email@example.com.
To announce your interest in the vacancy, please share your motivation letter and CV with Lucas Weber, Head of Platforms & UX at the latest October 20th , 2022.