Sanoma is an innovative and agile learning and media company impacting the lives of millions every day. Our learning products and services enable teachers to develop the talents of every child to reach their full potential. We offer printed and digital course materials as well as digital learning and teaching platforms for primary, secondary and vocational education, and want to continue to grow our business across Europe. Our Finnish media business provides independent journalism and engaging entertainment and will also do so for generations to come. Our unique cross-media position offers the widest reach and tailored marketing solutions for our business partners. Our 2021 net sales totaled EUR 1.3 billion and we employ approximately 4,800 professionals. Sanoma shares are listed on Nasdaq Helsinki.
More information is available at .sanoma.com.
We are currently looking for an…
Investor Relations Manager
… to join our dynamic Investor Relations and Sustainability team, part of the CFO Office in Sanoma’s headquarters, for a fixed term of about one year (maternity leave substitution) until September 1st, 2023. You will report to the Head of IR and Sustainability.
In this position, you will gain a broad understanding on strategy, M&A and business models of a dynamic, international and growing learning and media company. As a valued member of a team of five investor relations, financial communications and sustainability professionals, we offer you an opportunity to work closely with the top management and businesses in driving growth and delivering sustainable shareholder value. You will also be able to deepen your knowledge on the mechanics and expectations of the equity and debt capital markets.
Your key responsibilities include
- Developing and communicating Sanoma’s IR story
- Quarterly and ad-hoc analysis of Sanoma’s financials and analyst estimates / consensus as well as summarising them to the management
- Preparing and developing interim reports, year-end reports, stock exchange and financial press releases, investor presentations, Q&As, IR content at Sanoma.com and other IR materials
- Proactive communications with analysts and investors
- Participating in investor meetings together with the management / the Head of IR
- Follow-up, analysing and reporting e.g. market trends, peer company development and investor feedback & perceptions to the management
- Participating in organizing of IR events such as the Capital Markets Days and Annual General Meetings
- Providing support and back-up to the Head of Investor Relations
- Supporting in publishing releases and updating content at Sanoma.com
- Active networking and coordination with internal and external stakeholders
We expect you to have
- Relevant work experience e.g. in controlling, investor relations, capital markets, corporate finance, management consulting or auditing
- Strong understanding of financial figures and interest in learning and media businesses
- Excellent skills to communicate clearly and effectively in English (and Finnish), both verbally and in writing
- A hands-on way of working, drive and speed to take things forward independently, and ability to prioritise
- A business-minded developmental mind set and ability to adopt to changing situations
- Excellent interpersonal, team work and presentation skills
- Readiness to travel
- Relevant university level degree
What we need from you
- Investor Relations
- Presentations skills
- Team work skills
What we would also like from you
- Capital Markets
- Networking skills
- Sanoma club (hobbies and free-time activities)
- Occupational healthcare
- Lunch, sport and culture benefit
If you have any questions, please contact Kaisa Uurasmaa by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fill out your application and attach a cover letter (incl. salary expectation) as well as your CV latest on 8 July 2022 via this link.