Sanoma is an innovative and agile learning and media company impacting the lives of millions every day. Our learning products and services enable teachers to develop the talents of every child to reach their full potential. We offer printed and digital course materials as well as digital learning and teaching platforms for primary, secondary and vocational education, and want to grow our business across Europe. Our Finnish media provide independent journalism and engaging entertainment also for generations to come.
Our unique cross-media position offers the widest reach and tailored marketing solutions for our business partners. Our net sales totaled EUR 1062 million and we employed approximately 4,800 professionals in 2020. Sanoma shares are listed on Nasdaq Helsinki.
More information is available at www.sanoma.com.
We are looking now for a:
Manager, Accounting Services BeNe
This position will be based in one of our offices in the Netherlands.
The Accounting Services team is an integral part of Sanoma Group Finance Control and provides accounting services to Sanoma’s Learning and Media operations. The organization consists of small local teams in various countries in Europe as well as an outsourced service centre in Kolkata, India.
As a function we aim to provide scalable and high-quality accounting services, driving value from an end-to-end perspective, enabling cost efficiency. We want to be the go-to party for all local accounting related questions and ensure we as an organization are compliant with local accounting and tax regulations.
In this role your main responsibilities will include
- Managing the local accounting team operations and performance, ensuring compliance with both local regulations as well as group policies and guidelines
- Coordinating and monitoring of the operational activities in the process areas of RTR, OTC and PTP and provide support to our offshore team in India
- Drive the implementation of group processes and systems within the region, using a lean mindset and reduce process waste and manual work
- Support the finance function in further professionalizing in use of new technologies, AI and RPA
- Statutory, tax and IFRS reporting and compliance for all BeNe legal entities in scope:
- Statutory compliance, correct and timely filing of local financial statements and other statutory filings
- Tax compliance, correct and timely VAT, WHT, CIT and other tax filings
- Monthly reporting, correct and timely monthly group reporting (IFRS)
- Manage external/internal audits including tax audits
- Maintain good cooperation with, and provide strong accounting & tax expertise to the local business and other stakeholders
- Validating that internal controls are implemented and operational
To succeed in this role, we are looking for the following qualifications:
- A minimum of ten years of experience in accounting in an international company and/or a complex business environment
- Experience working with a shared service setup
- Lean accounting process thinking and mindset
- Experience with financial tools and systems, especially SAP/BW.
- Strong focus on analytical thinking and problem solving
- Proactive and service-minded, strong communication and management skills
- Knowledge of local accounting/tax regulations, IFRS knowledge considered a plus
- Fluency in Dutch and English language
- Master or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance
The role may require some traveling both in Europe and overseas.
As an employer, Sanoma offers a working environment where you are enabled to show the best of yourself. The working environment is result oriented as well as flexible with a focus on collaboration. We offer you a key position with interesting and challenging tasks and excellent opportunities for professional growth. You will be part of a highly professional and experienced international team in an open and informal setting, where initiative is expected and rewarded.
Are you interested in this position? We look forward to receiving your cv with application letter online via our recruitment system before August 29th. We accept only applications submitted via our recruitment system.
For any questions, please contact our Head of Accounting Services: Ralph Wieskamp (email@example.com)