Sanoma Learning is the leading European learning company, serving over 20 million students in eleven countries. We offer printed and digital learning materials as well as digital learning and teaching platforms for primary, secondary and vocational education. The development of our methodologies is based on deep teacher and student insight and really understanding their needs. By combining our educational technologies and pedagogical expertise, we create learning products and services with the highest learning impact.
With 650 colleagues spread over 60 teams across Europe, Sanoma Learning's Digital Productsdepartment contributes to our company's goal of helping students reach their full potential with our best-in-class learning solutions. Together, we innovate and contribute to an ever-changing world of education. We all share a deep rooted passion for education. Every day, our methods and technology have the ability to positively impact millions of young minds across Europe. In our Product organisation, you will join the largestcross-cultural communityof Sanoma Learningand contribute to the digital transformation and future of education in Europe. Sanoma Learning is part of Sanoma, an innovative and agile learning and media company, impacting the lives of millions of people every day.
Weare currently looking for a...
Pedagogical Expert Primary Education
... to join our educational family!
About the teamand product
This position reports directly to the Head of Digital Solutions Primary Education and is part of the digital products Product Management Organization. Other team members work from Finland, Norway, Sweden, Poland, Spain, Belgium and the Netherlands. The Primary Education (PE) platform product portfolio currently consists of several partly overlapping local and international platforms across the Primary Education curriculum learning space. Sanoma Learning’s ambition is to harmonize these platforms and develop a strong modularized concept that will improve our ability to innovate and effectively react to changing market circumstances. Through harmonization and smart and seamless integrations between Sanoma Learning solutions and with players present within local ecosystems, this modular concept would allow our company to grow its leading position in its markets and significantly improve customer outcomes. Our goal is that teachers and school administrators prefer our best-in-class learning solutions so they can support all students to reach their potential. We believe the platforms are a fundamental component of achieving this.
Key job responsibilities
The Pedagogical Expert Primary Education is the lead pedagogical expert of the Primary Education sector. You assess and evaluate educational solutions and advise Sanoma Learning’s Product Management on developing the educational solutions for the future.
In this role you:
- Advise the SL PMO team to help define the product vision, roadmap, future direction for the PE product portfolio with a focus on educational best practices.
- Advise the publishing teams within Sanoma Learningon the future direction and international best practises within Primary Education
- Collect and manage information from the industry, customers, local operating companies, end users and the SL PMO team with a focus on educational systems across key markets.
- Provide insight to the SL PMO PE team as to the most important educational workflows and modules we need to succeed in the learning platform marketplace
- Provide educational expertise and insight to the SL DPMO and the UX teams when working on high level prototypes and concepts, including the Epic creation process.
- Participate inand host international meetings, workshops and conferences with the local product managers, customers, users, and industry experts internationally to drive thought leadership, product concepts and product development.
- Assess and evaluate educational solutions, incl. fit gap analysis
- Own and manage projects and work proactively with stakeholders.
- Collaboration across Sanoma Learning
- Pro-active engage with stakeholders
- Leader to translate pedagogical vision
- Analytical, Organized
We expect you to have:
- A degree or relevant background in education
- Experience with K-12 digital learning solutions
- Experience in running concepting work for new ideasoExperience in working with multinational teams
- Communication and facilitation skills and a proactive make-it-happen attitude
- The ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Excellent written and spoken English. Spanish or Polish would be an advantage.
- Project management skills and experience in running successful projects
- To be living in one of the countries where Sanoma Learning is based
As an employer, Sanoma offers a working environment where you are able and encouraged to show your best self. The working environment is result-oriented as well as flexible with a focus on collaboration. We offer you a key position with interesting and challenging tasks and excellent opportunities for professional growth. You will be part of a highly professional and experienced international team in an open and informal setting, where initiative is expected and rewarded.
For questions about the vacancy, please reach out to Christer Carlberg firstname.lastname@example.org (+46 70 7475704).
To announce your interest in the vacancy, please share your motivation letter and CV with Christer Carlberg, Head of Solutions Primary Education at the latest May 8, 2022.