Sanoma is an innovative and agile learning and media company impacting the lives of millions every day. Our learning products and services enable teachers to develop the talents of every child to reach their full potential. We offer printed and digital course materials as well as digital learning and teaching platforms for primary, secondary and vocational education, and want to continue to grow our business across Europe.
Our Finnish media business provides independent journalism and engaging entertainmentand will also do so for generations to come. Our unique cross-media position offers the widest reach and tailored marketing solutions for our business partners. Our 2021 net sales totaled EUR 1.3 billion and we employ approximately 4,800 professionals. Sanoma shares are listed on Nasdaq Helsinki.
More information is available at sanoma.com.
We are currently looking for a...
You are passionate about digital technologies, data and analytics –while safeguarding data subject rights. If you consider yourself a data enthusiast, a privacy architect or an information governance guru, this is the job for you!
About the team
As a member of Sanoma Business Technology, you support privacy implementation work of the Business Technology department. You will work closely with technology teams and information security experts (CISO office), as well as Sanoma’s Group Legal Privacy team (DPO office). The security teamis result oriented workingwith a high degree of independence and responsibility. You will work with professional colleagues in an informal, dynamic and pleasant working atmosphere. You will be reporting directly into Sanoma’s Group CISO. Your fellow team membersare currently based in Finland, the Netherlands, Spain and Norway.
Key job responsibilities
- First line privacy implementation support for your unit
- Facilitating Privacy Impact Assessments of data processing activities within your unit
- Helping translate privacy requirements into practical requirements for applications, continuing the implementation of the Privacy and Security by Design process
- Leading the data breach management process for applications supported by Business Technology
- Supporting service managers in validating the documentationregarding personal data processing and data transfers
- Aligning risk management frameworks between the information security team and the group legal privacy team.
You work together with project teams in business, privacy champions in the Nordics, Belgium,Netherlands, Spain, and Poland.
- You have experience in working with GDPR, but don’t need to be a lawyer. A master’s degree in information technologies, data science, privacy law or other relevant Master’s degree
- An IAPP CIPP-IT or similar certification is a plus
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in privacy projects e.g. as a member of a privacy team, or as a privacy consultant
- Curious to understand how privacy relates to digital technology and business development.
- Ability to quickly master new concepts and make good value judgments
- Sound command of English language, both written and verbal
- You work from a country where Sanoma has an office (Finland, Belgium, Sweden, Poland, Netherlands, Spain, Norway).
As an employer, Sanoma offers a working environment where you are able and encouraged to showyour best self. The working environment is result-oriented as well as flexible with a focus on collaboration. We offer you a key position with interesting and challenging tasks and excellent opportunities for professional growth. You will be part of a highly professional and experienced international team in an open and informal setting, where initiative is expected and rewarded.
For questions about the vacancy, please reach out to our CISO Dimitri Goos via e-mail or phone (+31 6 31687384). To share your interest in the vacancy, please share your motivation letter and CV via firstname.lastname@example.org.