Sanoma is an innovative and agile learning and media company impacting the lives of millions every day. Our learning products and services enable teachers to develop the talents of every child to reach their full potential. We offer printed and digital course materials as well as digital learning and teaching platforms for primary, secondary and vocational education, and want to grow our business across Europe. Our Finnish media provide independent journalism and engaging entertainment also for generations to come. Our unique cross-media position offers the widest reach and tailored marketing solutions for our business partners. Our net sales totaled EUR 1062 million and we employed approximately 4,800 professionals in 2020. Sanoma shares are listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. More information is available at www.sanoma.com.
We are looking now for a:
Regional Procurement Director (BeNe)
The Regional Procurement Director is responsible for delivering sustainable competitive advantage for Sanoma via optimized sourcing and supplier management. Our new colleague will facilitate the procurement strategy development and implementation on regional Business Unit level across relevant categories and proactively develops new opportunities, sourcing solutions and processes, working with the relevant business partners, category managers and suppliers.
The Regional Procurement Director will have responsibility for the Regional Business Unit on behalf of the Sanoma Procurement.
The purpose of role is to:
- Effectively create and execute short, medium and long term procurement strategies followed by action plans
- Identify benefits, savings and efficiency opportunities and ensuring purchasing power is maximized across the regional Business Units and entities wherever possible
- Implement agreements within all categories and take care for operational contract & supplier relationship management
- Safeguard agreement compliance and risk mitigation in order to provide the maximum level of commercial and operational flexibility
- Partner with the regional business stakeholders
- Implement and manage the agreed procurement processes, tools & system
- Typically 5 years business experience, of which the majority should have been spent within a procurement discipline
- Knowledge of relevant supply markets
- Procurement Management and Supplier Relationship Management knowledge of tools and techniques and proven record of executing such strategies X-functionally and across territories in a group remit
- Good facilitator with strong relationship management skills
- Ability to work in virtual teams and lead through change in a multi-cultural environment
- Strong analytics, negotiation, influencing, communication and presentation skills
- International experience and fluent speaker of Dutch and English, French is an advantage
High performance Behaviour/DNA
X-functional teamwork : Facilitating groups of individuals to work together on creating solutions, as opposed to working with individuals in isolation. Supporting stakeholders and remote team members to see how their ideas can be combined in order to create value for the whole.
Influence : Forming win-win partnerships with others. Showing how a plan or strategy can be mutually advantageous in order to gain cooperation. Overcoming objections and progressing business objectives.
Customer focus : Taking an initiative (a clearly interconnected set of activities) designed to raise the ‘value added’ to customers. These activities will have a wider or longer-term effect than a specific action designed to address a particular customer issue or problem.
Strategic thinking : Able to interpret the commercial background and supply markets and turn the data into a comprehensive negotiation strategy.
Ability to work with changing environments and several priorities.
- A degree preferably in a commercially related discipline (i.e. business studies, law, technology, accountancy or marketing)
This is a permanent position that can be located either in the Netherlands or in Belgium.