Sanoma Learning is the leading European learning company, serving over 20 million students in eleven countries. We offer printed and digital learning materials as well as digital learning and teaching platforms for primary, secondary and vocational education. The development of our methodologies is based on deep teacher and student insight and really understanding their needs. By combining our educational technologies and pedagogical expertise, we create learning products and services with the highest learning impact.
With 650 colleagues spread over 60 teams across Europe, Sanoma Learning's Digital Products department contributes to our company's goal of helping students reach their full potential with our best-in-class learning solutions. Together, we innovate and contribute to an ever-changing world of education. We all share a deep rooted passion for education. Every day, our methods and technology have the ability to positively impact millions of young minds across Europe. In our Technology organisation, you will join the largest cross-cultural community of Sanoma Learning and contribute to the digital transformation and future of education in Europe.
Sanoma Learning is part of Sanoma, an innovative and agile learning and media company, impacting the lives of millions of people every day. For more information: www.sanoma.com / www.sanomalearning.com
We are currently looking for a…
Release Train Engineer
… to join our educational family!
You will report to the Technical Director Curriculum Learning (= Secondary Education) and will be responsible for the overall value delivery process of our Product Engineering Centre (PEC) focused on Secondary Curriculum Learning solutions. Our PEC currently has four teams located in Helsinki (FI), Den-Bosch (NL) and Wommelgem (BE). Within this PEC you are also a member of the ‘PEC team’ which gives direction, together with three peers, to our strategic PEC objectives and to the successful delivery of our Curriculum Learning solutions.
As a Release Train Engineer, you are owning and facilitating the different SAFe events and by nature you are eager to continuously improve our agile processes to deliver as much as value for happy end-users and in the end also for happy team members. Just recently we are organized in a setting of an European Product Engineering Centre and goal is to improve the collaboration between the different locations and start thinking as ‘one department’, working towards ‘one Curriculum Learning solution’ in the longer run; instead of having 4 different product teams. You can give clear guidance to this direction by bringing it to the minds and hearts of the people, together of course with the teams and the different stakeholders involved.
Key job responsibilities
- Organize and facilitate the teams in their delivery of maximum value for our end-users
- Create an environment where the teams can further excel in their agile way of working and continuously can improve on their maturity and their predictability
- Facilitate (and organize) the different SAFe events and ceremonies (PI-days, demos, etc)
- Responsible for the value delivery of the PI-objectives of the teams
- Establish close involvement of all our stakeholders on the progress and status of our delivery
- Coordinate, manage and take care of the risks and dependencies for the teams
- Escalate and keep track on the impediments of the teams
- Encourage continuous collaboration between teams, with stakeholders and with architects
- Manage that organizational-, team- and enabler-objectives are integral part of our roadmaps
- Empower the triangle product management, solution management and delivery management
- Coach leaders, teams and scrum masters in Lean-Agile practices and mindset
- A Bachelor or Master degree
- Experienced RTE with 5-10 years of experience in a complex IT-landscape
- Strong skills in coaching people and bringing the right mindset and attitudes for team deliveries
- Strong facilitator and dare to take quick decisions with teams to support the process
- Strong communicator and an ‘easy talker’ in bigger groups / events
- Facilitating leader and having a personality with great level of empathy
- Ability to deliver high quality documents needed for decision making
Preferred: Den Bosch (NL), Wommelgem (BE) or Helsinki (FI)
For questions about the vacancy, please reach out to Robert-Jan Noordegraaf via 06-22171122 or via email@example.com.
To announce your interest in the vacancy, please share your motivation letter and CV via firstname.lastname@example.org.