Sanoma Learning is a leading European provider of multi-channel learning solutions for primary, secondary and vocational education. Our learning products and services enable teachers to develop the talents of every child to reach their full potential. Our nine learning companies are located across Europe and among the best in their own markets: Malmberg and Iddink Group (the Netherlands), VAN IN (Belgium), Sanoma Pro (Finland), Nowa Era (Poland), Sanoma Utbildning (Sweden), itslearning (Norway), Santillana (Spain)
Sanoma Learning Technology
Sanoma Learning Technology is the international IT organization operating at the heart of the fast-paced learning world. Together with the European located companies we enable new business processes and innovations. And we are responsible for the technical development and operations of Sanoma Learning’s digital platforms and Enterprise applications (e.g. SAP, Salesforce, Selligent).
Join us in this digital transformation and contribute to the future of our children as a:
Release Train Engineer (RTE)
Our Enterprise Technology team is responsible for development and support of the back office applications. As our organization is in transition, we want a Release Train Engineer capable of driving improvement in close connection and collaboration with our distributed teams. Next to this role, you will also support the Order-To-Cash team as Scrum Master.
- Manage and optimize the flow of value through the Agile Release Train (ART)
- Lead program increment planning sessions to establish PI Objectives and PI Program Board with milestones and delivery dates.
- Collaborate with domain leads (part of product management) and domain architect to understand program features and drive Enterprise Technology release train delivery.
- Partner and collaborate with Agile Release Train (ART) team stakeholders, vendors and dependent teams.
- Manage and facilitate cross-functional team ceremonies to support development and application releases.
- Escalate and track team impediments, manage risks and dependencies, drive continuous improvement.
- Scrum master of one of the teams (Order-to-Cash)
- Coach stakeholders, teams, Scrum Masters in Agile/SAFe practices and mindsets
- Cooperate with the RTE’s for the other ART’s in Sanoma Learning. Thus, linking to the Portfolio level within the organisation
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college/university.
- 5+ years of experience in leading Information Technology projects.
- 2+ years of experience in delivering large scale IT solutions leveraging Agile or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), preferably as release train engineer.
- Proven experience working in an international setting with distributed application development teams
- Proven experience in coaching leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in Agile practices and mindsets.
- Proven experience in supplier management.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Attitude that meets our Sanoma values: engage others, share views, look ahead and make it happen.
Sanoma Learning offers you an interesting and diverse position in a result oriented team with a high degree of independence and responsibility. You will work with professional colleagues in an informal, dynamic and pleasant working atmosphere.
The Release Train Engineer will receive a competitive salary plus benefits including:
- 36-hour working week;
- 8% holiday allowance;
- 6% end-of-year bonus;
- 29 days holiday;
- Great Pension Plan;
- Interesting incentives.
If this position appeals to you, please send an e-mail with your Curriculum Vitae and motivation letter to Annemarie.Stants@Malmberg.nl. For more questions about this position, please send Arnoud van der Steenstraten an e-mail (Arnoud.vanderSteenstraten@sanoma.com) or call on +31 6 1133 0778.