Sanoma is an innovative and agile learning and media company impacting the lives of millions every day. Our learning products and services enable teachers to develop the talents of every child to reach their full potential. We offer printed and digital course materials as well as digital learning and teaching platforms for primary, secondary and vocational education, and want to continue to grow our business across Europe. Our Finnish media business provides independent journalism and engaging entertainment and will also do so for generations to come. Our unique cross-media position offers the widest reach and tailored marketing solutions for our business partners. Our net sales totalled EUR 1062 million and we employed approximately 4,800 professionals in 2020. Sanoma shares are listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. More information is available at sanoma.com.
Group Finance and Control provides financial services to Sanoma Learning, Sanoma Media Finland and the entire Sanoma Group. Sanoma Group’s Finance and Control functions include Business Control, Functional Control, Financial Control, Accounting Services, Tax, and Finance Development.
We are currently looking for a…
… to join our educational family!
We are now looking for Senior Controller to our headquarters in Helsinki.
As a Senior Controller you will be a key partner in Sanoma Group consolidation process, and managing & developing Sanoma Internal Control framework. You will proactively enhance and develop our reporting processes and systems. You also participate in interpretation and implementation of international financial reporting standards (IFRS) to new business models of Sanoma BUs and new acquitions.
Key job responsibilities
- Managing Financial Controlling activities and rhythm of business with the focus on the Sanoma Learning Nordic companies
- Overseeing and steering the financial performance and organizational health of Learning BUs
- Ensuring correct financial reporting (IFRS) and compliance of new business models
- Consolidation of financial information, controlling of financial statements, participating in interim and annual reporting activities
- Development of reporting by automating and harmonizing the finance processes, closing schedule and systems
- Managing and developing group-wide Sanoma Internal Control framework and reporting in Group system Bwise
- Participating in potential M&A projects and integrations of newly acquired subsidiaries
- Fostering stakeholders and building co-operation with other finance functions
- Master’s degree in Business/Economics or other financial degree
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in an international stock-listed company or in Big Four
- Solid experience in finance business partnership or similar
- Strong financial acumen: you understand the role and interrelationships of income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statements
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, both in terms of understanding user needs and communicating effectively with senior management
- Can-do attitude and development mindset
- Advanced knowledge of IFRS, Internal Control framework & risk assessment, and Group consolidation procedures
- Analytical approach to identify and solve problems
- Project leadership skills and ability to drive and manage change
- Confident with IT systems and advanced Excel skills (previous experience of HFM and SAP is an advantage)
- Excellent spoken and written command of English and Finnish
What we need from you
- Project management
- Change management
- Finance acumen
- Internal controls
- Group consolidation
- Risk management
- Communication skills
- Networking skills
What we would also like from you
Interested? Fill out your application and attach a cover letter (incl. salary expectation) as well as your CV latest on 17 July 2022. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found, and we will start interviews already during the application period. If you have any questions, please contact Marianne Kivelä by email email@example.com.
Apply between 28 June 2022 and 19 July 2022 23:59 (Europe/Helsinki)
You report to Manager, Accounting Services Media and are supported by Process Experts within the department. You also cooperate closely with other departments and stakeholders in for example business control and sales.