Sanoma is an innovative and agile learning and media company impacting the lives of millions every day. Our learning products and services enable teachers to develop the talents of every child to reach their full potential. We offer printed and digital course materials as well as digital learning and teaching platforms for primary, secondary and vocational education, and want to grow our business across Europe. Our Finnish media provide independent journalism and engaging entertainment also for generations to come. Our unique cross-media position offers the widest reach and tailored marketing solutions for our business partners.
Our net sales totaled EUR 1062 million and we employed approximately 4,800 professionals in 2020. Sanoma shares are listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. More information is available at www.sanoma.com.
We are now looking for a:
Senior Project Controller
The key job responsibilities:
- Execute and further develop control framework for M&A integrations
- Drive cost control and synergies in M&A integrations
- Execute and develop further control framework for Sanoma’s extensive Finance Development Program
- Participate in several program level PMO and SteerCo meetings as a project finance representative
- Support business and finance teams in M&A preparations and due diligence work
- University degree in Business Administration or Industrial Economics
- Excellent, proven financial management and communication skills
- Proactive attitude to controlling, development and change management
- Strong analytical skills
- Good problem identification and solving skills
- Able to operate in a virtual organization with stakeholders on multiple locations, different business units and different corporate functions
- Service-minded with good ability to create relations.
- Adaptability to changing objectives and priorities, multitasking capability
- Initiative taking with a global and positive mindset
- Fluency in English
The candidate has minimum 5 years working experience with similar tasks and responsibilities in a demanding business controller role in an international company or/and background in advisory services. Experience of M&A projects and successful integration projects is an advantage.
We are looking for a person who is energetic, equipped with high integrity as well as excellent social skills and has a strategic mindset.
This is a temporary role as maternity leave replacement until April 2023 and will be filled as soon as the right candidate is found.
The position of Senior Project Controller will be based in one of Sanoma Group locations and will report to Head of Group Business Control.
Please send your online application, including salary request and CV in English by July 30th at the latest. For more information about the role, please send the information request to Anu Kankkunen, SVP Finance and Control (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)