Sanoma Learning is the leading European learning company, serving over 25 million students in twelve countries. We offer printed and digital learning materials as well as digital learning and teaching platforms for primary, secondary and vocational education. The development of our methodologies is based on deep teacher and student insight and really understanding their needs. By combining our educational technologies and pedagogical expertise, we create learning products and services with the highest learning impact.
With 650 colleagues spread over 60 teams across Europe, Sanoma Learning's Digital Products department contributes to our company's goal of helping students reach their full potential with our best-in-class learning solutions. Together, we innovate and contribute to an ever-changing world of education. We all share a deep rooted passion for education. Every day, our methods and technology have the ability to positively impact millions of young minds across Europe. In our Product organisation, you will join the largest cross-cultural community of Sanoma Learning and contribute to the digital transformation and future of education in Europe.
Sanoma Learning is part of Sanoma, an innovative and agile learning and media company, impacting the lives of millions of people every day. For more information: www.sanoma.com / www.sanomalearning.com
We are currently looking for a…
UI Designer, Primary Education
… to join our educational family!
About the team and product
This position reports directly to the UX Designer Manager and is part of the Digital Products Product Management organization. Other team members work from Finland, Norway, Sweden, Poland, Spain, Belgium and the Netherlands.
Our UX squads support multiple product branches such as primary education, secondary education, core products and more! You will work within a multidisciplinary Agile SCRUM team who are responsible for the development of one of our products. Furthermore, you will collaborate with product and user research teams to understand the business, technical and user requirements.
Key job responsibilities
- Design and prototype user interfaces for digital learning products and solutions
- Ensure correct implementation of the Sanoma Learning Design System components and guidelines
- Design useful and usable solutions for both mobile and desktop
- Make sure the organization’s brand guidelines are aligned with our UX and design principles
- Communicate designs, verbally and visually, to stakeholders and other team members, and proactively address any feedback
- Co-operate with the user research team to understand our users and validate your designs
- Work together with developers to make sure your designs are implemented correctly
- Document your designs and contribute to the Sanoma Learning Design System
- Making sure digital accessibility (ADA and WCAG standards), digital equity and access guidelines are covered
- Strong communicational and co-operational skills
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Strong interest in designing accessible and inclusive digital products
- Good understanding of designing accessible and inclusive digital products
- Driven, passionate, and motivated individual
- Experienced with working in Figma
- Our ideal candidate is based in Spain or Poland
Nice to have
- Experience in user research activities
- Experience in translating wireframes into high-fidelity user interfaces and prototypes
- Experience with working with Design Systems
- Pedagogical understanding
As an employer, Sanoma offers a working environment where you are able and encouraged to show your best self. The working environment is result-oriented as well as flexible with a focus on collaboration. We offer you a key position with interesting and challenging tasks and excellent opportunities for professional growth. You will be part of a highly professional and experienced international team in an open and informal setting, where initiative is expected and rewarded.
To announce your interest in the vacancy, please share your motivation letter and CV using our application form