Sanoma Learning is the leading European learning company, serving over 20 million students in eleven countries. We offer printed and digital learning materials as well as digital learning and teaching platforms for primary, secondary and vocational education. The development of our methodologies is based on deep teacher and student insight and really understanding their needs. By combining our educational technologies and pedagogical expertise, we create learning products and services with the highest learning impact.
With 650 colleagues spread over 60 teams across Europe, Sanoma Learning's Digital Products department contributes to our company's goal of helping students reach their full potential with our best-in-class learning solutions. Together, we innovate and contribute to an ever-changing world of education. We all share a deep rooted passion for education. Every day, our methods and technology have the ability to positively impact millions of young minds across Europe. In our Product organisation, you will join the largest cross-cultural community of Sanoma Learning and contribute to the digital transformation and future of education in Europe.
Sanoma Learning is part of Sanoma, an innovative and agile learning and media company, impacting the lives of millions of people every day.
Weare currently looking for a...
User Researcher (Germany)
...to join our educational family!
About the team and product
This position reports directly to the User Research & Experiments Manager and is part of the digital products Product Management organization. Other team members work from Norway, Finland, Sweden, Poland, Spain, Belgium and the Netherlands.
This position is based in Germany, where you can work remote as well as from the office in Berlin. The team is truly international and collaborates to create world-class digital learning solutions based on user discoveries. The User Researchers help all Sanoma Learning products deliver the greatest value to users.
Key job responsibilities
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative research through e.g., interviews, surveys, focus groups, field studies, and heuristic evaluations
- Creating hypotheses, setting research objectives, reaching unbiased conclusions, discoveringemerging themes, and evaluating designed concepts with users and designers
- Facilitating and driving collaboration with product teamslocated in multiple countries to concept new features and digital and blended (digital & print) content capabilities
- Maintaining a good overview of local user and market needs and opportunities with user journeys
- Working with the international user research team to define common frameworks, processes, and tooling
- Supporting a user-centred culture and facilitating collaboration with all the stakeholders(e.g., advocating research findings to diverse audiences through various presentations and evidence-based suggestions)
- A degree or relevant background in user-centred design
- 3+ years of experience with both qualitative and quantitative user research
- Ambition around the future of K-12 digital learning
- Experience in running concepting work for new ideas
- Experience in working with multi-nationalteams
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills and a proactive make-it-happen attitude
- The ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Excellent written and spoken English, native German speaker
As an employer, Sanoma offers a working environment where you are able and encouraged to show your best self. The working environment is result-oriented as well as flexible with a focus on collaboration. We offer you a key position with interesting and challenging tasks and excellent opportunities for professional growth. You will be part of a highly professional and experienced international team in an open and informal setting, where initiative is expected and rewarded.
For questions about the vacancy, please reach out to Anna Helminen email@example.com.
To announce your interest in the vacancy, please share your motivation letter and CV with Anna Helminen, User Research & Experiments Manager, at the latest May 16, 2022.