UX Designer, Design System
About the team and product
This position reports directly to the Team leader Design System and is part of the Digital Products Product Management organization. Other team members work from Finland, Norway, Sweden, Poland, Spain, Belgium and the Netherlands.
Our brand-new Design System team will be responsible for building and owning the design libraries, tools and infrastructure that help our design and development teams build great user-experiences and interfaces. The UX Designer will help with the overall user experience of Sanoma Learning’s products and creates usable, enjoyable, and accessible patterns.
Key job responsibilities
- Contribute to creating and maintaining the Sanoma Learning Design System by working with SL Design System team, other designers, and stakeholders on defining and building a solution that defines how digital SL products and services should look, feel, and interact on mobile devices and the web.
- Collaborate with the product and development teams to understand the business, technical and user requirements
- Collect best practices throughout SL and define common principles together with the team & stakeholders
- Define core UX flows and interaction principles and deliver detailed UI design where appropriate
- Define and maintain the information architecture of the Design System (ensuring that the design system itself is easy to use).
- Develop and maintain clear documentation and work with developers through the component creation process
- Create and maintain style guides.
- Provide support for product managers, designers and other stakeholders on design system related issues
- Communicate designs, verbally and visually, to stakeholders and other team members, and proactively address any feedback
- Participate on Design System design work in Figma
- Perform other design system-related duties, as needed
- Strong communicational and co-operational skills
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Strong interest on designing accessible and inclusive digital products
- Proactive attitude
- Ambition for quality
- Systems design mindset
- Knowledge of digital accessibility (ADA and WCAG standards), and digital equity and access.
- Driven, passionate, and motivated individual with at least 4 years of experience working in UX Design
- You live in one of the countries where Sanoma Learning is based (Finland, Norway, Sweden, Poland, Spain, Belgium or the Netherlands)
Nice to have
- Experience on creating onboarding and customer support documentation
- Design system experience
- Pedagogical understanding
As an employer, Sanoma offers a working environment where you are able and encouraged to show your best self. The working environment is result-oriented as well as flexible with a focus on collaboration. We offer you a key position with interesting and challenging tasks and excellent opportunities for professional growth. You will be part of a highly professional and experienced international team in an open and informal setting, where initiative is expected and rewarded.
To announce your interest in the vacancy, please share your motivation letter and CV with Danielle Rameau, teamlead Design Systems, firstname.lastname@example.org.