Sanoma Learning is the leading European learning company, serving over 20 million students in eleven countries. We offer printed and digital learning materials as well as digital learning and teaching platforms for primary, secondary and vocational education. The development of our methodologies is based on deep teacher and student insight and really understanding their needs. By combining our educational technologies and pedagogical expertise, we create learning products and services with the highest learning impact.
With 650 colleagues spread over 60 teams across Europe, Sanoma Learning's Digital Products department contributes to our company's goal of helping students reach their full potential with our best-in-class learning solutions. Together, we innovate and contribute to an ever-changing world of education. We all share a deep rooted passion for education. Every day, our methods and technology have the ability to positively impact millions of young minds across Europe. In our Product organisation, you will join the largest cross-cultural community of Sanoma Learning and contribute to the digital transformation and future of education in Europe.
We are currently looking for a…
UX Teamleader (Europe)
… to join our educational family!
About the team and product
This position reports directly to the UX Manager and is part of the Product Management organization. This position can be based in Norway, Finland, Sweden, Poland, Spain, Belgium, or the Netherlands, where you can work remote as well as from the office. Ideally you are based in one of the countries where the current team members are located.
The team is truly international and collaborates to create world-class digital learning solutions based on user discoveries. The UX Designers help all Sanoma Learning products deliver the greatest value to users.
Key job responsibilities
- Leading the work of an experienced UX Team while maintaining your own ability to work directly with products
- Mentoring team members in UX skills and competence
- Optimizing the way of working within your team in alignment with other UX team leaders and teams
- Taking care of tools, equipment
- Supervising and setting up goals for your team members
- In charge of managing HR-related topics, e.g., absence and performance
- Help build and implement UX solutions, e.g., SL Design System, common processes.
- Work closely with the product as a UX Designer
- Leading the design in your team, mentoring
- Experience in managing others (giving feedback, delegating, motivating, and more)
- Experience in defining internal processes, simplifying the way of working
- Strong communicational and co-operational skills
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Eager to grow your team
- Ability to work closely with stakeholders
- Natural leader and mentor for others – a want to create a space where sharing experiences and knowledge is a part of the culture of working
- Strong interest in designing accessible and inclusive digital products
- Proactive attitude
- Ambition for quality
- Taking part in creating new ways of working, advocating team needs, and aligning them with the needs of the company
- Experienced with tools like: Figma, MIRO, Jira, Confluence
- Driven, passionate, and motivated individual with at least 4 years of experience working in UX Design
As an employer, Sanoma offers a working environment where you are able and encouraged to show your best self. The working environment is result-oriented as well as flexible with a focus on collaboration. We offer you a key position with interesting and challenging tasks and excellent opportunities for professional growth. You will be part of a highly professional and experienced international team in an open and informal setting, where initiative is expected and rewarded.
For questions about the vacancy, please reach out to Marcin Klimaszewski email@example.com.
To announce your interest in the vacancy, please share your motivation letter and CV with Marcin Klimaszewski, UX Design Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org at the latest June 30, 2022.